Managed IT services is a solution that is delivered by an IT service provider that combines flat-rate, unlimited IT support for a monthly fixed fee with the proactive monitoring of IT workstations and infrastructure.
These days Managed services are designed to be an all-you-can-eat model where both organisations are in a partnership and are aligned so that they work together.
Prior to the MSP (Managed Services Provider) business model, an IT provider would bill hourly to fix problems on a reactive basis. Now with managed services, the IT provider has a vested interest in aligning the organisation outcomes to provide a proactive service that minimizes problems and keeps your business running smoothly.
Why are Managed IT Services Important?
- It unifies your IT Provider and business to work as one. As an IT Provider we are always encouraged to go above and beyond for our customers.
We look to minimize downtime for your business and how we can improve efficiency within your business processes.
- Pro-active Support. Re-active problems are a thing of the past. Now your business no longer needs to carry the burden of those computers that can no longer make it throughout the day.
Proactive maintenance is shown to fix problems before they happen and keep your business online.
- IT experts give you peace of mind. You’re not an IT expert. Managed service providers take care of your IT so you can focus on running your business.
- Strategic IT planning. What IT systems do you need in 12 or 24 months’ time? Managed services help you think ahead and give you advice on what you need to be planning from an IT department. This links to proactive support and ensures that your IT infrastructure and software is upgraded and updated to minimize risks such as downtime, viruses and crashes.
- Complete outsourced IT. Managed services give you access to a complete IT department. You don’t just get day-to-day IT support; you also get an IT manager and a virtual CIO so you can think strategically about how IT fits into your organisation.
- Predictable IT Costs. Managed Services convert variable IT costs tied to the break-fix or reactive mode of support into the stable costs of proactive support. This allows business owners to budget effectively and pay what they can afford on a set schedule rather than getting hit with unexpected bills when tech problems arise.
Why is Pro-active better than Re-active?
- It minimizes the chance of a business outage. Imagine paying your staff members to sit around while an IT guy fixes the office Server. Now imagine the staff members have deliverables. Now calculate the office’s hourly rate X the cost of deliverables that did not make it out on time + the cost of repairing a computer = $$$$ a big costly mistake that could have been avoided.
- The ROI (Return on Investment) is very clear. In simple terms, its more cost effective to have your computer systems well managed and properly maintained than to replace them all one at a time. Proper management increases the life span of your IT equipment and enables you to predict when your equipment is due to be renewed.
- Frequent health checks for your IT equipment. Why wait until it stops working to replace it. Pro-active management also preempts the chaos before your business feels the impact.
- Disaster Recovery. Proactive management of your Disaster Recovery Procedure very quickly turns Panic into a planned course of action with no guessing about the outcome.